The Fishy Lens

I got my new manual Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 lens for my birthday (Thanks Anna!). The "fishy" lens as it had been referred to around here for a while when I started looking for a new macro type lens to do some nice closeups of the shrimp.

I wanted a new lens that let me get physically close up to the tank to take some closeup shots with my DSLR. My previous macro lens required me to be several feet away in order to focus on anything. That's fine for flowers, but I wanted to be sitting close to the shrimp to take their pictures, not across the room.  It's nice to be able to use the DSLR, even if the lens I could afford for it means everything is done manually.

These are the result of my first photo session playing with the new lens.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New neighbors and landscaping

Update for early Aug 2017